Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I am another one of you.

There was a girl in the plaza and she had cursive scrawled around her wrist. I asked what I meant and this was the best translation to be made.
I am another one of you.

Today was a reconstruction of yesterday. Total collapse.
Money, time, and distance are all evidently very real.
Satnam.
Just another knot to squeeze through into the limitless expanse on the other side (thanks pops).

Lots of musings:
What would I do if I got hit by a car down here?
What would I do if I had gotten my computer/camera/passport stolen (happened to a friend of a friend yesterday)?
What would I do with my last $10?

I'd probably hit it Kerouac style and buy means for sandwiching because with low blood sugar, I feel like I'm living in a Samuel Beckett novel.

The past two days I have been sick.
There is nothing more helpless than a full plate and a stomach ache.
Today, I am well partially if not entirely thanks to the pleasure of taking in a house guest: Guille aka Nim. Nim is a stout vegan. Since he has been in the office/my current residence, we have shared the past 5 meals... all of which were liquado de verdura o frutas. Translated, vegetable and fruit smoothies.
Nim insisted that we pour our bounty immediately into the blender... I will never doubt him again. Turns out, Nim is also a chef. We had blended raisins and iced coffee, strawberry, spinach, and yeast, carrot, cucumber, and avocado... the list goes on. Its cheap, easy, healthy, and la bomba.

Furthermore, I have been learning exponentially more about myself when put into certain situations. Case in point, finding an apartment in a megametropolis in a foreign land. Given the current and projected state of our economy, I will be searching for many more temporary rentals in my life and now I shall carry with me the skillz to get it done. No matter what country you are in, haggling is legal.

Kait arrives in a week.

1 comment:

Visual + Intent said...

sounds like some growth is happening